Job title: Head of Finance/Finance Manager
Reports to: Group CFO
- Participate in setting company’s strategy and objectives
- Implement the Company General finance strategy
- Providing financial leadership to the Company
- Decision support and financial leadership to Board of Directors, the Managing Director (s), the Excom, management and staff.
- Management of the Company’s long and short term financial plans
- Management and financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders including the, Company Excom, the Insurance Regulatory Authority and the Board
- Ensure financial controls and discipline are in place.
- Management of the Company’s Tax affairs.
- Capital Management and regulatory reporting
- Providing cost benefit analysis to support all significant decisions in the Company.
- Preparing accurate and timely financial reports to aid management decision making
- Maintenance of a management information system, including the GL that adequately meets and addresses business needs.
- Monitoring revenue and expenditures, making recommendations and appropriate action to ensure sound financial controls
- Liaison with the External and Internal Auditors, Tax regulators and the IRA.
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing the finance team.
- Preparation of timely and reliable annual budget plans
- A degree in Business, Economics or Actuarial Science from recognized university
- CPA (K) or Equlivalent
- MBA (is an added advantage)
- Membership of ICPAK
- Minimum of 6 years post qualification experience, of which 3 should be in a senior role in a financial institution.
- In depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- An understanding of Kenyan Taxation regulations.
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- In depth understanding of the Kenyan Insurance Act and prudential guidelines and regulations issued by IRA